WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hey there, I'm following along the docs for setting up a Django 1.6 installation on Python 2.7 and ran into a problem here. Please pardon my ignorance in the question. I'm new to Python and am also installing Django for the first time. The docs so far are awesome. I've connected via SSH through Mac OS X and I'm getting the error: 'pythonX.Y: command not found'

Like I said, I'm new to Python. Finding immediate info for pythonX.Y and where it should exist proved less than fruitful with my limited knowledge.

Can you advise on how to get this working properly?

Thanks!

asked 23 Dec '13, 10:01

timworx
accept rate: 0%

When you run the syncdb command, you need to replace X.Y with the version of python that you chose when you installed your application. eg: python2.7 manage.py syncdb

If you like, you can create an alias so you can just use: python manage.py syncdb

permanent link

answered 23 Dec '13, 11:07

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

Great! You know you're dealing with someone who is green when they're having trouble with your very detailed and useful docs.

(23 Dec '13, 12:15) timworx

No worries. Feel free to post any updates here. Or you can open a support ticket.

(23 Dec '13, 12:22) bmeyer71 ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×52
×1

question asked: 23 Dec '13, 10:01

question was seen: 1,619 times

last updated: 23 Dec '13, 12:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM