WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi - I want to confirm that is is the only way of confiquring email on desktop:

As the admin i create all the user_box, E-mail addresses, and passwords, I then provide the end-user the information on how to setup their local email client to send/receive. In testing this procedure it seems that setting up an account will knot work until lee login to the RoundeCube webmail interface and CORRECT the weird usernames email address that are the default. i.e. fix the identities in WebFaction speak ... is this correct?

I am wondering why the identities are not automatically setup for those that don't want to use webmail ?

asked 08 Jan '14, 23:36

baba
accept rate: 0%

You don't need to set up anything in webmail when configuring a desktop email client.

If you update your question with some specific information about the the exact problem you're having, we might be able to assist further.

permanent link

answered 08 Jan '14, 23:39

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 37%

Thanks for your response. I just setup two IMAP accounts on Apple Mail.app and i swear that they were not able to send / connect with the smtp.webfaction.com server in order to send messages. They were able to receive but reply won't work. After connecting with webmail and fixing the identities it worked. I thought this odd. So with your confirmation that webmail doesn't need configuring i'll try another setup. Will respond with my findings.

(08 Jan '14, 23:48) baba

If you could give more specific information about your problem instead of just saying that it doesn't work, then we might be able to assist further.

(08 Jan '14, 23:50) seanf

Seanf - I was mistaken. I just confirmed by setting up a new email address on my test site. I added the account to mail.app without any issues ... there was no need to login to webmail to receive send etc. One quirk was that SSl access is automatically configured to use port 143, but by toggling that setting off / on it then sets the port as 993. Thanks for your help

(09 Jan '14, 00:03) baba
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×8

question asked: 08 Jan '14, 23:36

question was seen: 1,062 times

last updated: 09 Jan '14, 00:03

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM