WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello, I have a Wordpress site hosted at WebFaction, and my domain is at GoDaddy. I'd like to have "Contact Form 7" -plugin on Wordpress to send emails to an address on our domain, which is setup to work with Google Apps (Gmail). The sending address is also on same domain, setup to work with Gmail.

The site itself and the domain works. Also currently the email addresses seems to work, when sent from the gmail client, but the emails the "Contact Form 7" sends to "name@ourdomain.com" are never received.

I have already setup the domain at WebFaction to use "External" hosting for the email and added the Google mail servers to the settings, according to this guide: http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/email.html#email-google-apps (I don't know if this is needed, since the MX records are already setup at GoDaddy and mails are working from the Gmail client)

Are there other configurations, besides the google mail servers, needed for the email at WebFaction, so that the "Wordpress/Contact Form 7" would be able to send the emails?

asked 13 Jan '14, 10:29

Jamov
accept rate: 0%

Problem solved. I only needed to setup the "Configure SMTP" -plugin for WordPress, with the Gmail settings.

permanent link

answered 13 Jan '14, 10:44

Jamov
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×259
×19
×18

question asked: 13 Jan '14, 10:29

question was seen: 3,672 times

last updated: 13 Jan '14, 10:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM