WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

Does anybody have a step by step guide to configuring/steps required after installing the redmine application on webfaction? I installed redmine through the control panel but when I tried it I got a ruby error:

Web application could not be started

There was an error in your Gemfile, and Bundler cannot continue. (Bundler::GemfileError)
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler/dsl.rb:12:in `rescue in evaluate'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler/dsl.rb:6:in `evaluate'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler/definition.rb:18:in `build'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler.rb:135:in `definition'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler.rb:123:in `load'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler.rb:107:in `setup'
  /home/locusia/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p320/gems/bundler-1.1.5/lib/bundler/setup.rb:17:in `<top (required)>'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby20/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:110:in `require'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby20/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:110:in `rescue in require'
  /usr/local/lib/ruby20/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:35:in `require'
  /home/locusia/webapps/grabbaredmine/gems/gems/passenger-4.0.2/lib/phusion_passenger/loader_shared_helpers.rb:212:in `run_load_path_setup_code'
  /home/locusia/webapps/grabbaredmine/gems/gems/passenger-4.0.2/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:73:in `preload_app'
  /home/locusia/webapps/grabbaredmine/gems/gems/passenger-4.0.2/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:127:in `<module:App>'
  /home/locusia/webapps/grabbaredmine/gems/gems/passenger-4.0.2/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:6:in `<module:PhusionPassenger>'
  /home/locusia/webapps/grabbaredmine/gems/gems/passenger-4.0.2/helper-scripts/rack-preloader.rb:5:in `<main>'

I am a complete beginner with ruby and redmine, So I admit that I have zero idea of what to do next.

I am running the example configuration file (I copied redmine/config/configuration.yml.example to redmine/config/configuration.yml).

asked 14 Jan '14, 02:08

Wayne Uroda
accept rate: 0%

edited 14 Jan '14, 04:16

Any reason you are not using the installer available from the Control Panel?

(14 Jan '14, 02:29) bmeyer71 ♦♦

I did use the installer. This is the resulting error message I see in my browser when I go to https://redmine.locusia.com/ (yes I have no SSL certificate, I am not sure if this could be part of the problem!)

(14 Jan '14, 04:15) Wayne Uroda

Hello Wayne,

I tested it on one of my domains using the installer and it worked right afterwards. It looks like maybe you overwrote the config file that installer implemented. The example is probably meant for manual installs. Delete everything and start over. Once it's done wait for the server to refresh and browse to the URL, it should work.

Let us know how you go.

(14 Jan '14, 08:42) NickR ♦♦

I did this - deleted the application and website. Then created an application, then created a new website and linked it to this application (for some reason I cannot seem to create a new app directly from the website dialog, it always thinks my app name is invalid).

I then waited 30 minutes (for the 20 minute cron job) and hit the site - still no joy. I will try tomorrow with http and not https and see if that makes a difference. Do you think it matters which location/server I am on? I am not sure eg if I am on a 32bit/64bit server (I seem to remember recently they upgraded all their servers, is this right?) also, I think I am running on a server in Asia somewhere. Just wondering if there are any differences which could account for this difficulty

Thanks

(14 Jan '14, 13:43) Wayne Uroda

Please open a ticket at our support site, and we'll help you find the cause of the issue.

(14 Jan '14, 14:56) timg ♦♦

I opened a ticket with webfaction. They fixed my issue by renaming my ~/.rvm directory to ~/.rvm_old.

I don't recall ever doing anything with ruby or RVM before, I assume this directory was created the first time I installed redmine (and thus the first time ruby was used under my account).

permanent link

answered 15 Jan '14, 04:35

Wayne Uroda
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×46

question asked: 14 Jan '14, 02:08

question was seen: 4,716 times

last updated: 15 Jan '14, 04:35

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM