WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a website using an installation of WordPress and I would now like to create a mobile site m.mysite.com. I've managed to create the subdomain, but I was wondering how I go about using wordpress installation from my main site to populate this one with content. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

asked 25 Jan '14, 22:57

matthewskin
accept rate: 0%

Most newer Wordpress themes are mobile enabled meaning that the site will be optimized for whatever viewing device visitors are using. The downside is that viewers would be redirected to the url that you spelled out in Wordpress.

If you want to use 'm.mysite.com' to host a smaller portion of the content from 'mysite.com' then the I would suggest creating a new site and transferring the existing website over. We have some instructions that could be used to make this easier. You would need to change the database names, but should be pretty straight forward.

Once you have the new application you can make the relevant changes that you want like a different theme and reduced content.

permanent link

answered 26 Jan '14, 14:16

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×128
×76
×7
×5

question asked: 25 Jan '14, 22:57

question was seen: 2,397 times

last updated: 26 Jan '14, 14:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM