WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've used the one click installer to get my Ghost running but I've made a change to the config.js so I need to restart. Previous instructions in a similar question said to use the start/stop commands from the terminal but I can't seem to get this to work.

I ssh into webapps/myblog/ghost but running start or stop doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas how to restart?

asked 09 Feb '14, 20:57

Chops
accept rate: 0%

You should be able to stop and then start your ghost application. If your stop fails you can always find the corresponding pid via the following command. That will return a list of running processes. Please make sure to substitute your username for the first one.

$ ps -ef |grep [username]

$kill -9 [pid of ghost application]

permanent link

answered 09 Feb '14, 21:18

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

I found the app running using: ps -ef | grep [username] (thanks)

And I see 2 instances of my app running... /home/user/webapps/blog/bin/node /home/user/webapps/blog/ghost/node_modules/forever/bin/monitor /home/user/webapps/blog/ghost/index.js

and

/home/user/webapps/blog/bin/node /home/user/webapps/blog/ghost/index.js

I can kill both pids but I'm a little worried to make sure when I restart it stays running. I want to make sure it's running forever.

Any help appreciated.

(09 Feb '14, 21:41) Chops

One of the two processes are started by the other one. For instance in the following example I would kill the 1581 PID

[username] 1581 1 0 Jan19 ? 00:00:08 /home/[username]/webapps/ghost/bin/node /home/[username]/webapps/ghost/ghost/node_modules/forever/bin/monitor /home/[username]/webapps/ghost/ghost/index.js

[username] 1584 1581 0 Jan19 ? 00:04:52 /home/[username]/webapps/ghost/bin/node /home/[username]/webapps/ghost/ghost/index.js

Once you kill the pid starting the ghost app via the normal start command should keep it running.

(09 Feb '14, 21:50) aaront ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×27

question asked: 09 Feb '14, 20:57

question was seen: 3,086 times

last updated: 09 Feb '14, 21:50

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM