WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I try tu run Django test on WEBFACTION server and I get ERROR:

Creating test database for alias 'default'... Got an error creating the test database: permission denied to create database

I need to use WEFACTION apir xmlrpc.client. But I do not know what where I need to make changes. Should i change django.db files or I need to create some test files within app floder?

asked 12 Feb '14, 14:41

hefasut
accept rate: 0%

You're getting the error because you don't have permissions to create databases directly on our shared database instance.

It's conceivable that you could hack Django's test code to use our API to create the database for you, but a better approach would be to either...

• Use sqlite3 for your test databases (since sqlite3 databases are files that get created in your home directory, you don't need special permissions to create them), or....
  • Run a private database instance for your app (since you would have complete ownership of a private instance, you would have the permissions necessary to create databases in it).

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 12 Feb '14, 20:17

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Yep that helped, Thanks! :)

(13 Feb '14, 07:20) hefasut
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×84
×75
×9
×1

question asked: 12 Feb '14, 14:41

question was seen: 2,157 times

last updated: 13 Feb '14, 13:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM