WebFaction
Community site: login faq

The documentation on adding a custom application to the control panel makes sense to me. The documentation on installing an application from source also makes sense to me (I've done that before). But I'm confused about how I can connect the two. Can I install an application from source using the usual configure, make, make install and then somehow add that to the control panel as a custom app listening on a port? Or do I need to install it from the control panel somehow? If so, how do I go from a tarred source file to an installation script for the control panel?

asked 17 Feb '14, 03:35

user7396
accept rate: 0%

When you create a custom app listening on port in the control panel, then any domain you connect to that will have its incoming requests on port 80 redirected to the port assigned to the app in the control panel. Therefore, all you need to do is ensure that your app installed from source is running and listening on that port then it will receive the incoming connections.

permanent link

answered 17 Feb '14, 03:45

waynek
accept rate: 27%

Thanks, I'll make sure to configure my application to the appropriate port.

(17 Feb '14, 03:53) user7396
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×21

question asked: 17 Feb '14, 03:35

question was seen: 1,774 times

last updated: 17 Feb '14, 03:53

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM