WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

what are the maximum allowed limits for upgrading memory and bandwidth? When would it be needed to move the account physically to another server?

I'm planning to have a significant increase of traffic during a one/two month period and was therefore planning to add quite a lot of memory and bandwidth, just to be one the safe side.

I'm also considering the use of additional servers for load balancing, but first I wanted to understand if I was able to accommodate the increased traffic with an upgrade server instance only.

Regards, D.

asked 04 Mar '14, 10:37

Daniel Rampa...
accept rate: 0%

• If you're on web417 or lower, then 512MB is the maximum amount of RAM that you can have.
  • If you're on a standard hosting plan on Web418 or higher, then you can have up to 1GB of RAM
  • If you need more than 1GB of RAM, then you can upgrade to a higher tier of hosting, but it requires that you move to a new server. See the upgrades page in the panel for more details.

For bandwidth, you can have up to double what the hosting plan provides, eg the standard plan has 600GB of monthly bandwidth, so you can upgrade that to up to 1200GB. If you need more than that, then you need to move up to the next tier (or add a second server at the same tier).

permanent link

answered 04 Mar '14, 19:37

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Thanks a lot, I was looking exactly for this.

D.

permanent link

answered 10 Mar '14, 12:17

Daniel Rampa...
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×40
×4

question asked: 04 Mar '14, 10:37

question was seen: 1,774 times

last updated: 10 Mar '14, 12:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM