WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I created an application in my new webfaction account. then I went to the phpmyadmin and tried importing my wordpress-database. it says that everything went fine: "Import has been successfully finished, 0 queries executed.

The following structures have either been created or altered. Here you can: View a structure's contents by clicking on its name Change any of its settings by clicking the corresponding "Options" link Edit structure by following the "Structure" link

susem_susemiessn (Options) (susemiessnerorg.wordpress.2014-04-07.xml)"

but in the database there are only the "hello world" posts that I suppose are standard when you install the wordpress application, right? What might be wrong?

asked 07 Apr '14, 16:11

susem
accept rate: 0%

If you want to migrate the entire Wordpress site you could use this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

It duplicates your whole Wordpress installation including database, it provides a zipped file and a php installer script. Works very nice..

permanent link

answered 10 Apr '14, 07:24

dsdeur
accept rate: 0%

thanks! it did a great job in migrating wordpress!

(13 Apr '14, 12:24) susem

What is in the SQL dump file if you open it in a text editor? Although SQL can be difficult to read if you don't know how, in general if you scroll through it you should see recognizable content which looks like your posts, or various other settings. Does it look like your data is there? If not you might want to try the export from the old provider again. If so you should try importing via command line.

permanent link

answered 08 Apr '14, 00:04

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

edited 08 Apr '14, 00:05

It sounds like you're trying to import an XML file.

Note that the Wordpress (not PhpMyAdmin) Tools->Export capability creates an xml file which can be imported via Tools->Import.

PhpMyAdmin can export in various formats, but a sql file with a .sql suffix would be most typical.

How did you create the export file?

permanent link

answered 09 Apr '14, 19:14

cesnn
accept rate: 14%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×44

question asked: 07 Apr '14, 16:11

question was seen: 2,893 times

last updated: 13 Apr '14, 12:24

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM