WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've created a new Django 1.4.9 application via the WebFaction one click install. I then copied all the project files from a very simple Django 1.4.5 installation on the same server.

Once I'd copied the files over I changed any references to the original application name and domain name to the new one in both the httpd.conf and settings.py plus any other files with hard coded references in.

I then ran syncdb (sqlite database) and collect static files neither of which reported any errors and I could see all the files collected in collectstatic in the terminal when it ran, afterwards restarting Apache.

The web page works fine in terms of functionality, reading the database and templates etc. but no static files are found at all. This includes the Django admin.

The original application works without a problem on the old domain and the new application is a direct copy of the old one with just the appropriate application and domain names changed. Where else am I looking in a Django app to change static files?

asked 11 Apr '14, 11:10

zilog8bit
(suspended)
accept rate: 0%

You can find extensive documentation on serving Django static files here.

If you still have any issues please feel free to submit a support ticket so we can look at the application and see what's wrong.

permanent link

answered 11 Apr '14, 15:21

yulian
accept rate: 24%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×125
×57
×5
×5

question asked: 11 Apr '14, 11:10

question was seen: 5,710 times

last updated: 11 Apr '14, 15:21

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM