WebFaction
Community site: login faq

It takes to long to access my git web app. I already configured the git app in my Applications and connected it to a Website record. When I tried to login, it takes to long to access the git web app. My internet connection is fine, and I wonder why it's too long to authenticate.

I also checked my .htpasswd file in the /webapps/git folder and it matches with the password I used for my login.

asked 13 Apr '14, 13:43

Panoy
accept rate: 100%

The value you see in .htpasswd is not supposed to match with the password you use to log in - it should be a hash, not the raw password. I tried creating a git app on your server and verified that it's functioning correctly, so I am assuming that the file was modified. I went ahead and created a new .htpasswd file and you should now be able to log in using the same username and password as before.

If you have any other issues, don't hesitate to submit a support ticket.

permanent link

answered 13 Apr '14, 16:15

yulian
accept rate: 24%

I'll try to check it out. Thanks!

(14 Apr '14, 03:37) Panoy

Seems fine now, but I did it using Firefox. I'm love using Chrome but I don't know why it takes so long to authenticate on the git web app.

Anyway, thank you again.

(14 Apr '14, 03:41) Panoy
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×111

question asked: 13 Apr '14, 13:43

question was seen: 1,576 times

last updated: 14 Apr '14, 03:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM