WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi all,

apologies in advance as I'm a novice user here. I am trying to host my own domain (snapsphere.co.uk registrar: 123reg.co.uk) on WebFaction. The site will be produced on WordPress.

My problem is, I cannot see images when uploading them onto Wordpress, either in the editor or in the final webpages. even the stock images don't appear The images are shown as empty boxes in the editor.

so far I have managed to edit the registrar control panel to update NS servers. these are the steps I have gone through so far...

1. Add DOMAIN Added my domain as www.snapsphere.co.uk The domain list now has my initial webfaction site (username.webfaction.com Web437) and my new domain, also 437.

**I am not sure what to choose for the "Normal webtraffic handled by" option. Should it be left blank or should i select 'username' (only 2 options)?

1. Create WEBSITE Name: Snapsphere Domain: www.snapsphere.co.uk

2. Create NEW APPLICATION Name: wptest1 Wordpress 3.9 Web 437

3. Edit WEBSITES I edited the website entry for snapsphere. "reuse application" - wptest1 Web437 URL: http://www.snapsphere.co.uk/

I then use webfaction video (on youtube) to setup wordpress using the Admin password generated by webfaction. Finally, then uploading a theme.

Any suggestions? I have a feeling its something to do with WebFaction as I'm assuming the images should be saved on their servers when uploading.

Thanks in advance.

asked 05 May '14, 19:47

Jay R
accept rate: 0%

The path in the "Extra info" field for your symbolic link application that was used to serve the uploaded files faster did not point to the correct place (the path did not have the application name). I've gone ahead and fixed that, and your images are now showing up.

If you have any other issues, don't hesitate to open a support ticket.

permanent link

answered 05 May '14, 21:46

yulian
accept rate: 24%

brilliant, thank you!

permanent link

answered 06 May '14, 07:13

Jay R
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×113
×12
×9
×5

question asked: 05 May '14, 19:47

question was seen: 2,031 times

last updated: 06 May '14, 07:13

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM