WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm following the instructions here: http://docs.webfaction.com/software/general.html#granting-access-to-specific-users

But when I complete all the steps (without the symlink tip), I try to connect via FTP using the new user credentials, and I can't see the webapps directory, nor access the application I tried to assign the user to.

The user's name is 'agram' and application name is also 'agram'. These are the commands I inputed:

setfacl -m u:agram:--x $HOME
setfacl -m u:agram:--- $HOME/webapps/*
setfacl -m u:agram:rwx $HOME/webapps/agram
setfacl -R -m d:u:agram:rwx $HOME/webapps/agram
chmod g+s $HOME/webapps/agram
setfacl -R -m d:u:__my_username__:rwx $HOME/webapps/agram

Am I missing something?

Also, is there any way to avoid running those commands again every time I create a new app if I don't want the user to have access to new apps?

Thanks!

UPDATE: I've created the 'agram' user wihtout shell access. Now I've given him /bin/bash, and when I connect via FTP and try to access home/webapps I find myself in what seems to be someone else's webapps directory?

asked 12 May '14, 09:53

Wrks
accept rate: 0%

edited 12 May '14, 13:48

Am I missing something?

I've tested logging in as your "agram" user and had no problem accessing your ~/webapps/agram directory as that user.

Also, is there any way to avoid running those commands again every time I create a new app if I don't want the user to have access to new apps?

If you open a support ticket, we can adjust the default ACL on ~/webapps directory for you.

I've created the 'agram' user wihtout shell access. Now I've given him /bin/bash, and when I connect via FTP and try to access home/webapps I find myself in what seems to be someone else's webapps directory?

/home/webapps was a directory that was left over from a restore we did a couple of years ago. It shouldn't have been left there, and I've just removed it. Be sure to configure your FTP client to connect to /home/__your_username__/webapps/agram when logging into FTP.

permanent link

answered 12 May '14, 21:45

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×62
×14

question asked: 12 May '14, 09:53

question was seen: 1,857 times

last updated: 12 May '14, 21:45

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM