WebFaction
Community site: login faq

In regards to the latest outages, I suggest that you build in a backup feature into your front end, which helps users prepare for eventual trouble. Since "Customers are responsible for backing up their data." it would be a great service if you would empower users to take that responsibility without having to go through too much trouble.

asked 20 May '14, 08:01

rjakobsson
accept rate: 0%

edited 20 May '14, 08:01

We think this is a great idea and have submitted this feature request to our developers. Thank you for your input :)

(24 May '14, 10:16) NickR ♦♦

Hi,

The features are nice, but I'd rather see WF work on preventing the recent service interuptions, mysql issues and/or data loss.

Other than any graphical interface, I'd like to be proactively notified when issues / dataloss occurs other then our scripts/check and or users are confronted with the consequences.

So, first things first, would be my request, regards,

Joost

permanent link

answered 24 May '14, 05:39

Joost
accept rate: 0%

edited 24 May '14, 05:40

We agree that communication is paramount, and can always be improved. We apologize for any recent inconveniences. If you are experiencing any current issues or have questions about specific instances, please submit a ticket with more details and we will be happy to provide more information to you.

(24 May '14, 10:22) NickR ♦♦

Hi Nick,

It's all good for now, thanks.

Regarding communication > this week we learned that even when there are issues that last for serveral hours, they are not listed on your statusblog while I think the should have. Subscribing to the feed/blog is only usefull when all (major) incidents are instantly posted > thus communicated with your customers.

Not posting issues on the status blog (when we know there are issues) make my suspious for issues that we haven't noticed and were also not posted.

My feature request would be an (optional) system alert that we can subscribe to that automatically send a notification when WF engineers or working on our machines... As said, I would prefer to see less interuption, but I hate to be notified of incident by our customers or users...

(24 May '14, 11:17) Joost
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×113
×36
×6

question asked: 20 May '14, 08:01

question was seen: 2,841 times

last updated: 24 May '14, 11:24

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM