WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am new to all this so please excuse the mundain question.

I have setup a domain name on 123-reg.co.uk, I have changed the nameservers to the webfaction nameservers. Is this all I need to do or do I need edit the DNS details also?

There are DNS details already entered in the 123reg control panel so I take it these are theirs. I read somewhere that I need to change these to the ip address of the website folder in webfaction.

I have set up 2 website folders and both have the same ip address, is this correct?

Thanks, Liam

asked 24 Jan '11, 08:48

liamdorts
accept rate: 0%

I have setup a domain name on 123-reg.co.uk, I have changed the nameservers to the webfaction nameservers. Is this all I need to do or do I need edit the DNS details also?

That's all you'll need to do.

There are DNS details already entered in the 123reg control panel so I take it these are theirs. I read somewhere that I need to change these to the ip address of the website folder in webfaction.

You only need to do this if you're not using our nameservers.

I have set up 2 website folders and both have the same ip address, is this correct?

Yep, that's right :)

permanent link

answered 24 Jan '11, 08:54

David L ♦♦
1.4k13
accept rate: 45%

excellent, thanks for the swift reply

Liam

permanent link

answered 24 Jan '11, 08:56

liamdorts

I've just had the same newbie issue. This article on 123-reg is useful if you haven't changed nameservers before: http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/answers/Domains/Domain-Configuration/how-do-i-change-the-nameservers-for-my-domain-name-1206/

permanent link

answered 28 Jun '12, 08:33

colmjude

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×30

question asked: 24 Jan '11, 08:48

question was seen: 3,856 times

last updated: 28 Jun '12, 08:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM