WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a new node application. I've globally installed an npm module (wiki), which I can run in SSH and it starts a server at localhost:3000. How can I actually serve this module on my site?

asked 24 Jun '14, 21:02

rmuller
accept rate: 0%

If you installed node with our installer you should already be assigned a port and an application to configure/code. The wiki module has its own instructions on the developers site, since it is designed to use its own webserver you would have to create a 'custom application listening on port' than configure it to listen on that port and not 3000. You will also likely have to write a custom start/stop script which monitors it. I personally would contact the developer and ask them these questions on GitHub, since they should know everything you would want to know about this particular module.

permanent link

answered 24 Jun '14, 21:43

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

Thanks, I have it working now. I continued to use the application created from the node installer. I added a config.json file specifying the port, then modified the bin/start script, replacing "bin/node hello-world.js" with "bin/wiki". That's it!

(25 Jun '14, 00:34) rmuller
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×67
×9

question asked: 24 Jun '14, 21:02

question was seen: 1,837 times

last updated: 25 Jun '14, 00:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM