WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I changed the setting my phpMyAdmin but it threw a warning saying that PHP's session.gc_maxtimeout (something like that) is 1440, so it overrides phpMyAdmin's timeout.

So, where do I find this php.ini? As I understand myadmin is its own app and I am not sure where to locate it in the folders. I only have my own created applications in /webapps and not the phpmyadmin one in there.

These frequent timeouts are driving me nuts.

This question is marked "community wiki".

asked 28 Jun '14, 11:26

temaiso
accept rate: 0%

You can not make adjustments to the php.ini for the shared PhpMyAdmin. I would suggest using the command line to interact with your database. You can also install a private MySQL instance and your own instance of phpMyAdmin that would allow you full control over both.

permanent link

answered 28 Jun '14, 11:47

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 28%

edited 28 Jun '14, 12:44

Where can I locate the php.ini for phpMyAdmin. I tries usr/shared/phpMyAdmin but that is read-only. So if that is what you're talking about then guess my only recourse is to go with the second solution you provided - installing a private instance.

(28 Jun '14, 12:38) temaiso

Users can not access the shared PhpMyAdmin configuration. I see from my answer I left out the "not" and will adjust accordingly

(28 Jun '14, 12:44) aaront ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×168
×23

question asked: 28 Jun '14, 11:26

question was seen: 1,888 times

last updated: 28 Jun '14, 12:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM