WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Is there a efficient way to backup multiple websites, databases for those websites for Wordpress sites at once, in an efficient method?

I have about 40 small websites that I would like backed up and stored on another server or my hard drive.

Can someone please advise me on this.

asked 02 Jul '14, 04:11

gnatale
accept rate: 0%

We have instructions for backing up MySQL databases automatically here: Backing Up a Database Automatically

So, for each of your databases, create a config file and cron job as shown as shown in our documentation. That will back up all of your databases to ~/db_backups in your home directory.

Then, simply copy ~/db_backups and ~/webapps to your remote server or local machine using whatever means you prefer (rsync, SFTP, or whatever).

permanent link

answered 02 Jul '14, 18:27

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 36%

Ok, are you able to explain it to me in a more beginner method... 101 style, I have little technical knowledge in this area? Maybe a step,by step process?

permanent link

answered 06 Jul '14, 08:19

gnatale
accept rate: 0%

The following link has a pretty good step by step process outlined on how to backup your websites and databases on WebFaction.

http://www.web-development-blog.com/archives/create-custom-website-backups-using-cron/

(06 Jul '14, 11:28) aaront ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×242
×97
×84
×36

question asked: 02 Jul '14, 04:11

question was seen: 2,387 times

last updated: 06 Jul '14, 11:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM