WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Another dumb question..! :)

If,under Mailbox configuration, I select 'None' for filtering, is any filtering still occurring? Any that is not under user control?

I ask because I just seem to have tremendously less spam on a domain I recently relocated... and, well, I'm excited but a little concerned :).

asked 02 Jul '14, 19:19

cavalierfh
accept rate: 0%

Yes - our MX servers will reject any connections from IPs that are listed on the b.barracudacentral.org blacklist, so mail from those IPs will never be delivered. That behavior cannot be disabled.

permanent link

answered 02 Jul '14, 19:27

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Thanks Sean!

That makes sense. I'm not savvy enough anymore to speak authoritatively, but from what I seem to see on the web Barracuda's RBL's work pretty good. (As in, not many false positives). So, that's groovy.

Just from a documentation standpoint -- I don't think I saw any mention of an RBL on the email documentation. I realize you all may change RBL partners now and then, but this might be worth noting in the documentation.

Thanks! :)

(02 Jul '14, 19:36) cavalierfh
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×38
×8
×3

question asked: 02 Jul '14, 19:19

question was seen: 4,929 times

last updated: 02 Jul '14, 19:36

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM