WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi

I have few dataset in a table that I want to change and instead of running a full SQL command I decided to do this with phpmyadmin. After logging I realize that phpmyadmin doesn't display the usual edit delete ... buttons on the left side of rows when your are on a specific table. I can remove or add new entries but I cannot edit the others. Is it the standard behavior?

Actually it's not a big deal / priority I'll update dataset with command line as always but it seams strange.

asked 08 Jul '14, 21:53

JCB
accept rate: 0%

phpMyAdmin will not display the buttons if your table has no PRIMARY KEY or UNIQUE index, because it is not guaranteed that you will edit the row you think you are editing.

If this is not the case, you could be accessing phpMyAdmin with a user without privileges other than SELECT (but I suspect the first is much more likely).

permanent link

answered 09 Jul '14, 03:14

SethKinast
accept rate: 54%

Hi, thanks for your answer. After your answer I checked every tables and some of them were editable but not all of them as on my local server for development. I suppose that something wen't wrong during the import. Maybe there are missing indexes.

(09 Jul '14, 19:15) JCB
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×23

question asked: 08 Jul '14, 21:53

question was seen: 12,967 times

last updated: 09 Jul '14, 19:15

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM