WebFaction
Community site: login faq

When trying to send an email from my django application (mezzanine), I get SMTPRecipientsRefused Client host rejected: Access denied.

I followed the instructions at http://docs.webfaction.com/software/django/getting-started.html?highlight=django%20email#configuring-django-to-send-email-messages

But I still get an exception. I verified I can log into the configured mailbox and there is an email address tied to it.

How do you fix this?

asked 25 Jan '11, 22:18

senexcanis
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

The DEFAULT_FROM email has to be a valid email address that is in the control panel. Is the one you are using valid?

permanent link

answered 25 Jan '11, 22:30

klynton
1.6k1210
accept rate: 41%

What I have set for DEFAULT_FROM_EMAIL is definitely in my email list, even pointing to a valid mail box.

I didnt point my domain name to this server yet since its not 100% finished (due to the email issue). Could that be a problem? I did configure the server to believe it is that domain name though the dns doesnt point to the server.

I want to make sure the email is working before switching my web site to the new server.

(26 Jan '11, 19:56) senexcanis

Could you file a support ticket so we can take a better look, since further debugging would require sensitive info which should not be revealed publicly?

(26 Jan '11, 22:16) neeravk

Done, ticket ODC-630369

(27 Jan '11, 19:01) senexcanis
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×261

question asked: 25 Jan '11, 22:18

question was seen: 8,102 times

last updated: 27 Jan '11, 19:01

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM