WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I've setup a django website in webfaction and several emails with the same domain. I'm trying to send and email from a form in the site from one of those emails to other of those emails and I get it in other domain's emails but in the emails from the same domain of the sender it doesn't works.

Any solution for this?

(sorry for the confusing explanation)

asked 11 Aug '14, 20:40

rdorey
accept rate: 0%

If you send mail using the same sender and recipient in your email client or webmail, is the message sent and received successfully? If not, then what is the error?

(11 Aug '14, 21:07) seanf

sent and received successfully. however if through the django website it fails...

(11 Aug '14, 21:21) rdorey

I've checked our mail logs and found some errors that suggest that one of the addresses you're using (f********o@o*********.*t) has not been created in our control panel.

Please go to https://my.webfaction.com/emails/ and check that all of the addresses that you're using have been created.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 11 Aug '14, 21:35

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

edited 11 Aug '14, 21:35

Solved, thanks! But why did it still worked if I sent an email for a gmail account, even with f********o@o*********.*t not created ?

(12 Aug '14, 08:03) rdorey

The reason is that if WebFaction handles incoming mail for domain.com, we'll attempt to verify the validity of the sender address for any mail that comes in from a @domain.com address. So, if you send mail from foo@domain.com to bar@domain.com, and don't have foo@domain.com defined in our control panel, our incoming mail server will see that as an invalid sender address and will reject the message.

(12 Aug '14, 15:04) seanf

Thank you!

(12 Aug '14, 18:25) rdorey
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×261

question asked: 11 Aug '14, 20:40

question was seen: 1,795 times

last updated: 12 Aug '14, 18:25

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM