WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I would like to install the sync server taskd for taskwarrior software in my webfaction account. Since it is not a default app but also not a ruby/python or whatever package I am not sure about the right approach to install it. I thought something like Custom app but there are several Custom App scenarios and I am not sure about the differences. Additionally the code has to be compiled with cmake, but cmake is not available on webfaction.

So before everything else I would like to know if "you" think it is possible to use taskd in Webfaction and additionaly what would be the right approach. The measures to install taskd in general are best described here http://mirakel.azapps.de/taskwarrior.html

asked 24 Aug '14, 13:33

cutuchiqueno
accept rate: 0%

Hello,

You'll want to use a "Custom app (listening on port)" for this, as that application type is basically a blank slate that reserves a port number for you. To build the application, you'll need to install cmake in your home directory which is certainly possible. Once Taskwarrior is compiled, configure it to use the port assigned to your application. For software that does not let you configure the port it's listening on, you can open a ticket and have us check whether the default port is available.

If you have any issues, feel free to contact us via our support system as per the link above!

permanent link

answered 24 Aug '14, 16:25

yulian
accept rate: 24%

thx. cmake install went well. taskd on the other hand requires libuuid and gnutls and cmake does not find it. Now I don't know if those two libraries are not installed or if they are installed but not found so I have to change environment variables.

(26 Aug '14, 08:48) cutuchiqueno
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×102
×97
×2
×1

question asked: 24 Aug '14, 13:33

question was seen: 2,674 times

last updated: 26 Aug '14, 08:57

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM