WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Once again I can't log in to community.webfaction.com

I requested a reset link and added Google as authentication provider. Login via Google results in "You don't have permission to access / on this server." If this authentication method is broken, please remove it as option.

When I re-use the temporary link, I get a "404 Not Found" page. However, I am also logged in, and can navigate to my profile page from my linked name in the header.

The previous time this happened, it was because I was confused about what login name to use. My email address doesn't work. The name that appears in my profile page link (https://community.webfaction.com/users/108/jean-jordaan) doesn't work. My "Real Name" doesn't work. I don't see anywhere on my profile page where to see or change my login/username. The temporary access link doesn't give any clue as to the username in use.

Please give the community login process some love, so that it matches Webfaction's normal level of excellence.

asked 01 Sep '14, 07:32

Jean Jordaan
accept rate: 33%

Dear WF,

PLEASE fix this by making login to ctl panel same as community. RIGHT NOW THIS IS VERY FRUSTATING. - cant use ctl panel username with google login choose a username myuname-> sorry, this name is taken, please choose another VERY FRUSTATING

if i am logged into the ctl panel, i SHOULS be logged in to the community please make this happen.

Thanks, Love and peace, Joe

(11 Feb, 20:52) jdor2
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×113

question asked: 01 Sep '14, 07:32

question was seen: 5,651 times

last updated: 11 Feb, 20:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM