Community site: login faq

Hi,

How can I set up a image preview for my webfaction email like in gmail:

http://imgur.com/DlMRj0X

Thanks for any ideas!

asked 05 Sep '14, 17:25

Nick_B
accept rate: 0%

Roundcube webmail doesn't have the ability to show contact thumbnails in the message list.

However, if you upload contact images for the contacts in your Roundcube address book, the contact image will appear on incoming mail from your contacts.

permanent link

answered 05 Sep '14, 18:01

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Great thanks @seanF. What if I route through gmail? Anyway to attach a contact image to my webfaction email address?

(05 Sep '14, 18:35) Nick_B

Actually noticed that there is a carddav plugin for roundcube allowing access to vcards in your contacts. It is here. Would this be possible to implement into my webfaction account?

(05 Sep '14, 18:41) Nick_B

Great thanks @seanF. What if I route through gmail? Anyway to attach a contact image to my webfaction email address?

If you add your WebFaction email address to your Google address book, then sure, you can add an image to that contact.

Actually noticed that there is a carddav plugin for roundcube allowing access to vcards in your contacts. It is here. Would this be possible to implement into my webfaction account?

Not on webmail.webfaction.com, but you're free to install your own Roundcube system manually (as a PHP application) and use whatever plugins you like.

(05 Sep '14, 18:45) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×12
×1

question asked: 05 Sep '14, 17:25

question was seen: 1,906 times

last updated: 05 Sep '14, 18:45

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM