WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am a noob when it comes to setting up the webfaction hosting for a python / django test site that I have.

I am trying to upgrade my webfaction account to the new django version of 1.6.7 from 1.4.6, (I am keeping python at 2.7.) but I am getting stuck.

I have read this webfaction doc link, but I am stuck on step # 5. The error I have is:

mv: cannot stat `lib/python1.4/django': No such file or directory

Am I even using the correct instructions to upgrade my wf djang version?

asked 21 Oct '14, 05:13

accept rate: 0%

It sounds to me like you've used part of the Django version number (1.4) instead of the Python version number (2.7)

Try using "python2.7" wherever the instructions show "pythonX.Y" or "pythonA.B".

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 21 Oct '14, 23:18

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

doh!

That was a typo!

Here is what I have entered: mv lib/python$PYTHONVERSION/django lib/python$PYTHONVERSION/django.old where python$PYTHONVERSION is python2.7.

I continue to get the same error: mv: cannot stat 'lib/python2.7/django': No such file or directory

The instructions do not state to change directory, so I am executing the command in the same directory as step 2. Is that correct?

(22 Oct '14, 22:15) 6233114

The instructions do not state to change directory, so I am executing the command in the same directory as step 2. Is that correct?

That is correct.

What do you see if you run "ls lib/python2.7" from your app directory (ie, the directory from step 2)?

Are you sure your application was installed as a Django app and not a plain mod_wsgi app? Plain mod_wsgi apps do not include a lib directory by default.

(22 Oct '14, 22:23) seanf

Thanks for your assistance.

When I run the "ls lib/python2.7" from the directory in step 2 I get:

ls: cannot access lib/python2.7: no such file or directory

My application was originally set up for me by a 3rd party (who is no longer available), so I am unsure if my application was installed as a Django app and not a plain mod_wsgi app.

Is there a way to check this? Should I lodge a ticket?

(22 Oct '14, 23:11) 6233114

You should be able to see the app type via https://my.webfaction.com/applications/.

Feel free to open a ticket to let us know the app name and we'll have a look.

(22 Oct '14, 23:25) seanf

Thanks.

Will do.

(22 Oct '14, 23:40) 6233114
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×20
×6
×4

question asked: 21 Oct '14, 05:13

question was seen: 2,072 times

last updated: 22 Oct '14, 23:40

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM