WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi I have moved one of my client website from a different hosting provider to web faction. That website uses ioncube to load its files. The ioncube extension is available in a sub folder of the website. Can someone help me to configure the website to load the ioncube extension? Im currently getting an error.

I tried creating a php.ini file and adding the extension but its still not working.

extension_dir="/home/myapp/webapps/mywebsite/ioncube/"
extension=ioncube_loader_fre_4.4.so

asked 29 Dec '14, 06:41

surend
accept rate: 0%

edited 29 Dec '14, 20:12

seanf
12.2k42136

The ioncube loader is already installed on your server. You should only need to install your license file in your app's ioncube subdirectory,

What is the exact error that you're seeing?

(29 Dec '14, 20:11) seanf

HI Seanf, there is a file that is checking if the extension is loading like,

!extension_loaded('ionCube Loader') this is always false. that means the extension is loading right? in the else part its printing die('The file '.FILE." is corrupted.\n");

Im not really sure how the website logic is working as this is a quite an old site. But I think all the functionality is encoded using the ioncube plugin. This website is loading without an issue on the old hosting server. On web faction its giving these errors.

(30 Dec '14, 01:49) surend

Hi Seanf,

Can you help me to understand what the license looks like for ioncube? and how to install it? Maybe its there in the files. I dont know what to look for. Appreciate your help.

(30 Dec '14, 02:10) surend

This is the code that is used to check if extension is loading. Its loading correctly. But gives the error in the else part. http://www.starlearners.com.sg/ - you can check the error that prints here.

1&&$__id[1]==':'){$__id=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__id,2));$__here=str_replace('\\','/',substr($__here,2));}$__rd=str_repeat('/..',substr_count($__id,'/')).$__here.'/';$__i=strlen($__rd);while($__i--){if($__rd[$__i]=='/'){$__lp=substr($__rd,0,$__i).$__ln;if(file_exists($__oid.$__lp)){$__ln=$__lp;break;}}}@dl($__ln);}else{die('The file '.__FILE__." is corrupted.\n");}if(function_exists('_il_exec')){return _il_exec();}echo('Site error: the file '.__FILE__.' requires the ionCube PHP Loader '.basename($__ln).' to be installed by the site administrator.');exit(199);
?>
(30 Dec '14, 02:21) surend

An ionCube license is usually a file named licdata.txt.

I see no error at http://www.starlearners.com.sg/ at this time.

(30 Dec '14, 19:17) seanf
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×264
×6
×3

question asked: 29 Dec '14, 06:41

question was seen: 3,486 times

last updated: 30 Dec '14, 19:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM