WebFaction
Community site: login faq

First, is there a "recommended" way to set up Gunicorn and Django on Webfaction?

Second, what, if any, are things we should be aware of when deploying with Gunicorn on WebFaction (e.g. memory usage, etc...)?

Cheers!

asked 30 Jan '11, 18:55

danaw
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

There is no recommended way, as such.

I think if you limit the number of processes to 1 or 2 until you see how much RAM it is going to use then you can increase or modify as needed.

Hope that helps!

(30 Jan '11, 18:58) klynton

Yeah that is a good point considering I had my app calculating the cores on the machine and doubling it for the amount of workers... which I think ends up being like 8-16 workers... way too many for 80mb of RAM.

(30 Jan '11, 19:47) danaw

8 - 16 workers would be a bit too much for 80MB of RAM unless your application was really small.

(30 Jan '11, 19:51) klynton

Yeah, I was using something like 256mb or something equally insane. Got my processes shut off automatically :)

With 2 workers, things seem to be running well.

(01 Feb '11, 18:26) danaw

Hi,

Thanks for reporting back what you found! Now we do have a set of best practices for Gunicorn. :)

(01 Feb '11, 18:36) klynton

Like I have been doing a lot of searching and probing to get this done easily, I might as well share the fabric script I wrote to deploy django/gunicorn. It is git specific, but you can checkout how its done easily from the script itself.

https://github.com/ashwoods/webfaction-django-fabfile

permanent link

answered 06 Oct '11, 10:40

ashwoods
accept rate: 0%

Thanks for sharing!

(06 Oct '11, 11:18) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×12

question asked: 30 Jan '11, 18:55

question was seen: 5,308 times

last updated: 06 Oct '11, 11:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM