WebFaction
Community site: login faq

So, I'm brand new to Webfaction and to WordPress as well. I've been designing a couple sites locally with MAMP. I've purchased a domain name already. My question is, what are the steps involved in moving sites locally, from MAMP, to the Webfaction servers? I've read some differing answers, but am just looking for something a little more concrete and straightforward. Thank you!

asked 24 Feb '15, 03:28

dqc
accept rate: 0%

Our Inbound Migration Guide is the most straightforward and concrete guide we have on this topic. It covers every step of the process, with links to other parts of our user guide for each major detail along the way. The guide even has a dedicated section for Wordpress.

Some examples of working configurations might help. You don't need to start with anything fancy - a Simple Website configuration will be fine.

This may seem a bit much to move a site, but we're trying to be thorough. The reality is that it comes down to only a few steps:

1. Point your domain to WebFaction
  2. Create an application (Choose "Static/CGI/PHP" if you want a completely empty directory)
  3. Create a website record (which connects your domain to application).
  4. Upload your application files

It's pretty much that simple. You'll likely have questions along the way, so you can open a support ticket if that's the case.

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 24 Feb '15, 09:42

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

edited 24 Feb '15, 09:43

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×97
×2
×1

question asked: 24 Feb '15, 03:28

question was seen: 2,983 times

last updated: 24 Feb '15, 09:43

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM