WebFaction
Community site: login faq

[Webfaction noob here (still learning the "Webfaction Way", biggest issue being I don't know what magic Webfaction's fancy control panel is performing behind the scenes).]

Has anyone installed osTicket on Webfaction?

I assume I want to add a new custom app from the Applications menu? And given that osTicket has an install script I probably want to select "Custom install script", correct?

Only problem is that when I goto the Webapps directory to create an osTicket subdirectory I don't have permission to do so. And after reading through the osTicket install instructions, it looks like the install script is expecting to be run in situ from the directory in which osTicket will live.

So, my puzzlement about how to proceed is because the 'Webfaction Way' wants me to click a button to create the custom app directory in Webapps. And at the same time I'm guessing it will attempt to trigger the script that I specify. Only problem is that prior to this action I am not allowed to copy the osTicket files to the Webapps directory manually. So there is no script there to execute.

I suppose the answer might be to not select the install script option when adding a new application. Then once the new directory is created in Webapps, manually complete the osTicket installation?

Please help enlighten me to what I don't understand.

Thanks, david

asked 24 Feb '15, 17:06

webfdbes1
accept rate: 0%

The custom app type is not correct for this app. Since osTicket is PHP application, you would create a Static/CGI/PHP app in the control panel, which creates a directory in /home/<username>/webapps. You'd place your files in that directory, create a website that uses the app, and then run your script.

permanent link

answered 24 Feb '15, 20:53

maryh ♦♦
1.3k7
accept rate: 35%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×102
×44
×2
×1
×1

question asked: 24 Feb '15, 17:06

question was seen: 1,911 times

last updated: 24 Feb '15, 20:53

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM