WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am interested in upgrading to a new SSD plan, but I didn't see the same upgrade options as listed previously in the upgrade/server migration panel. Here are a few questions I had:

For the $10/mo plans, is there still get a discounted rate for paying for a year in advance as opposed to month-to-month?

Also, to satisfy my curiosity into the future in case I need to expand, can aspects of the shared plans - memory, storage, bandwidth, etc. - still be upgraded as needed?

asked 04 Nov '15, 21:09

marknagengast's gravatar image

marknagengast
accept rate: 0%

For the $10/mo plans, is there still get a discounted rate for paying for a year in advance as opposed to month-to-month?

Sorry, but no discounts are available for the new SSD plans. We think they’re already fantastic value at their current price :)

Also, to satisfy my curiosity into the future in case I need to expand, can aspects of the shared plans - memory, storage, bandwidth, etc. - still be upgraded as needed?

• RAM upgrades are not available.
  • Extra storage is $5/month for an extra 50GB, with a maximum of 100GB extra storage (so, 200GB total).
  • Extra bandwidth $5/month per 300GB.
permanent link

answered 04 Nov '15, 23:28

seanf's gravatar image

seanf ♦♦
11.9k21333
accept rate: 37%

By moving into the $30/mo cloud plans, do the same upgrade limits apply? I am nowhere near close to reaching those limits and for the little traffic I get at the moment, the shared plan is sufficient. But in a year or so, I may need to consider upgrade options.

(05 Nov '15, 02:50) marknagengast marknagengast's gravatar image

No, cloud plans don't have any individual RAM / Storage / Bandwidth upgrades. Instead, you'd upgrade to a larger cloud plan, which increases all of them.

The good thing about upgrading on a cloud plan is that it can be done "in-place", with no migration needed and without changing IPs. There will still be some downtime associated with the move, but this is the smoothest upgrade available and does not require DNS propagation for your domains.

(05 Nov '15, 04:45) ryans ♦♦ ryans's gravatar image
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×40
×37

question asked: 04 Nov '15, 21:09

question was seen: 999 times

last updated: 05 Nov '15, 05:13

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL