WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I've made a new django app /webapps/revision and it has it's own apps that I want to update but pip2.7 install djangorestframework --update doesn't seem to do it. How can I upgrade to the individual app lib?

asked 10 Nov '15, 06:53

six_wars
accept rate: 100%

You should be able to use the -t or --target option as explained here.

permanent link

answered 11 Nov '15, 15:39

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

I tried it but got an error

[kbuzz@web306 kb]$ pip2.7 install djangorestframework --upgrade -t /home/kbuzz/webapps/django/lib/python2.7
Collecting djangorestframework
  Using cached djangorestframework-3.3.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Installing collected packages: djangorestframework
Successfully installed djangorestframework-3.3.1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kbuzz/bin/pip2.7", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('pip==7.1.2', 'console_scripts', 'pip2.7')()
  File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/__init__.py", line 217, in main

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/basecommand.py", line 248, in main
  File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/utils/outdated.py", line 102, in pip_version_check
  File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/utils/__init__.py", line 858, in get_installed_version

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 629, in __init__

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 685, in add_entry

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2075, in find_eggs_in_zip

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1605, in has_metadata

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1963, in _has

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1843, in zipinfo

File "/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/pip/_vendor/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 1783, in load

OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/kbuzz/lib/python2.7/yolk-0.4.3-py2.7.egg'
(12 Nov '15, 10:06) six_wars

it didn't work when I tried pip2.7 install djangorestframework --upgrade -t /home/kbuzz/webapps/django

(12 Nov '15, 10:07) six_wars

That's a pip problem, a problem with the djangorestframework, or a problem with one of its dependencies. In this case it looks like an issue with the yolk package.

My guess is that first manually removing djangorestframework and its dependencies completely, and then installing them would work. The problem seems to be somewhere along the lines of upgrading the yolk package.

Not every package installs and upgrades flawlessly with pip. Most work, but sometimes software has bugs.

(14 Nov '15, 03:58) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×910
×337

question asked: 10 Nov '15, 06:53

question was seen: 1,717 times

last updated: 14 Nov '15, 03:59

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM