WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a Moodle install up and running. I can't get the mail function to talk to webfactiob. When a user registers the email verification will never reach them. It is supposed to send mail by php but since that did not work id tried to send via SMTP. I've tried loads of settings but the email never gets sent. Any ideas anyone please

asked 10 Nov '15, 16:19

stmedia
accept rate: 0%

You should be able to send via sendmail or smtp. I would suggest verifying the mailbox works via smtp by using our Webmail. If you or anyone else is still having issues then you can always let us know the FROM address, TO Address, and the approximate date and time sent via a support ticket and we can check our server logs.

permanent link

answered 10 Nov '15, 16:32

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

I can't get SMTP to work. I have successfully sent an email on the address from webmail. How would I use sendmail

permanent link

answered 10 Nov '15, 17:19

stmedia

If smtp is working via webmail then the focus should be on making sure your program is authenticating properly and using a valid FROM Email address.

Please note that we do not allow FROM addresses from well known providers.

In addition I have also sent you instructions on how to use sendmail via your support ticket.

(10 Nov '15, 18:01) aaront ♦♦

whahey I got it to work thanks. I wasn't really thinking that I was sending using my gmail address. That's just in there as the support contact for my users. However I realise now that it had the effect of being the sender of the email

permanent link

answered 10 Nov '15, 18:17

stmedia

whahey I got it to work thanks. I wasn't really thinking that I was sending using my gmail address. That's just in there as the support contact for my users. However I realise now that it had the effect of being the sender of the email

permanent link

answered 10 Nov '15, 18:17

stmedia

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×41
×3

question asked: 10 Nov '15, 16:19

question was seen: 2,304 times

last updated: 10 Nov '15, 18:17

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM