WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

This may be a bit lame question but.. i'll ask it anyway ;)

I have a domain with an application on WebFaction: babyliss2.ssl.sprawdzto.net There is a SSL certificate added to this domain, to be precise - it is a wildcard certificate to all subdomains of *.ssl.sprawdzto.net. This certificate is properly configured on WebFaction already.

Currently this domain (babyliss2.ssl.sprawdzto.net) it is "redirected" from another serwer (by CNAME record) to a WebFaction serwers' IP.

In next week i will be attempting to put WebFaction DNS names to whole sprawdzto.net domain, so all subdomains (including *.ssl.sprawdzto.net) will be in webfaction hosting.

Now my question is: Is some kind of WebFaction support/administrators action is needed after that whole domain DNS transfer? Or the babyliss2.ssl.sprawdzto.net subdomain will work propertly without any action?

Thanks in advance.

asked 18 Dec '15, 11:34

neohades
accept rate: 0%

edited 18 Dec '15, 11:34

Is some kind of WebFaction support/administrators action is needed after that whole domain DNS transfer?

Possibly - we need to configure your certificate for each individual site that is using it. So, if you set up some new SSL sites on your domain in addition to what you already have, you'll need to open a support ticket to have us set up the certificate for the new sites.

permanent link

answered 18 Dec '15, 17:06

seanf
12.1k21636
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×92
×75
×17
×4

question asked: 18 Dec '15, 11:34

question was seen: 989 times

last updated: 18 Dec '15, 17:06

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM