WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Maybe i did something strange here. Ive uploaded my app via an ftp-user and im trying to use ssh as the main-user to do minor editing but i dont have write access and setfacl is not cooperating.

$ setfacl -Rm u:scottsch:rwx neonote setfacl: mywebapp/script.py: Operation not permitted

$ getfacl script.py file: NN.py owner: scottftp group: scottftp user::rw- group::r-- other::r--

asked 07 Mar '16, 17:04

Scott_sch
accept rate: 0%

edited 07 Mar '16, 17:25

Any time a secondary user uploads files, they will be the owner, and this will prevent the primary user from changing the permissions on those files, but if the permissions were set up correctly for the secondary user, the primary should still be able to edit those files. Please open a support ticket so we can change the ownership for you and have a look at the ACLs.

permanent link

answered 07 Mar '16, 18:17

maryh ♦♦
1.3k7
accept rate: 35%

Ahh, I was under the impression that the primary account had pseudo-sudo privileges over the rest and that an ftp account was necessary to connect via ftp.

I see what I did now. thanks

(09 Mar '16, 00:56) Scott_sch
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×64
×62
×11

question asked: 07 Mar '16, 17:04

question was seen: 2,634 times

last updated: 09 Mar '16, 00:56

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM