WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, trying to get GoDaddy domains pointing to Web Faction sites. I'm on this screen:

GoDaddy Zone File Editor

My questions are: - Do I need to do anything special with the A record? - For the NameServer record, which seems to be the main thing I need to configure, I assumed that @ goes in the host field for all 4 nameservers, the nameserver itself goes under "points to", and the TTL can be the default (1 hr). Is that right? If not, what goes in the Host/Points to/TTL fields?

I know people have posted similar questions in the past and that sometimes you just need to wait, but I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track.

Thanks in advance!

asked 07 Feb '11, 19:02

awgl's gravatar image

awgl
accept rate: 0%

I think my assumptions were correct. It seems to be working. Nameserver ftw! Anyone who looks here for help should consult the following for further info: http://docs.webfaction.com/user-guide/domains.html

(07 Feb '11, 19:31) awgl awgl's gravatar image

Hi,

Using our Name servers is by far the easiest route to go so that new subdomains can be created via our control panel. That is personal preference now. :)

(07 Feb '11, 19:41) klynton klynton's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×11
×8

question asked: 07 Feb '11, 19:02

question was seen: 8,645 times

last updated: 07 Feb '11, 19:41

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM