WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm running a Flask app via supervisor which is running on its own custom web app. The supervisor script works fine – runs flask, can restart from the command line fine, etc. The problem is the supervisor admin page cannot find any of its static files. This would be fine as I don't really care about the aesthetics of the admin page for this project but it is also causing the the buttons such as restart, stop, clear, etc to be unusable. Again this isn't the worst thing in the world, I can restart the app through the command line but I will be handing this project over and would like for them to be able to restart the app without needing to ssh and type in the commands.

When I first got supervisor running the static files were properly linked. Since installing supervisor I have manually killed some processes which I think may be the cause of my problem. I'm just not sure what I would run to get these static files linked again. Thanks!

asked 28 Mar '16, 18:21

Matt Visco
accept rate: 0%

It sounds to me like you're running supervisor on a URL path below the root.

This means that the front end Nginx server will get requests for (for example) yourdomain.com/supervisor and proxy them to supervisor on the back end. The problem is that supervisor itself does not know that it's running on /supervisor, so it's generating all of its own URLs as though it were running on the root.

I've checked the supervisor documentation, and I don't see any obvious way to configure supervisor to recognize when it is running from a URL below the root, so my advice is that you run it from the root of a separate site on a separate subdomain, like supervisor.yourdomain.com.

permanent link

answered 28 Mar '16, 18:32

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

edited 28 Mar '16, 18:33

Cool - makes sense, that fixed it!

(28 Mar '16, 18:52) Matt Visco
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×125
×44
×8

question asked: 28 Mar '16, 18:21

question was seen: 1,373 times

last updated: 28 Mar '16, 18:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM