WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi all -- I'm technical, but no web expert. I have, however, been very happy for years on Webfaction, them hosting my WordPress site, www.RobertDelRossi.com.

Yesterday I bought from Hover the domain rdelrossi.com, as a shorter way to get to my site.

Again, i'm no expert, but I'm having trouble directing the new domain to my existing web site.

On the Webfaction Control Panel I entered rdelrossi.com and www.rdelrossi.com into the Domains tab of the Domains/Websites page. Then, on the Websites tab of the Domains/Websites page I added the new domain (rdelrossi.com and www.rdelrossi.com) to the existing robertdelrossi.com in the Domains section of the page.

Still, when I go to rdelrossi.com or www.rdelrossi.com I see the default Hover.com announcement that a web site is coming soon.

For what it's worth, today I noticed that the Webfaction Control Panel shows "http://rdelrossi.webfactional.com/" in my list of domains, though I didn't add that myself. That URL does, in fact, lead to my robertdelrossi.com web site.

Sorry to be so longwinded, hope someone can give me some thoughts on how to get where I want to go.

Thanks in advance.

-- Robert

asked 12 Apr '16, 16:30

rdelrossi
accept rate: 0%

You need to point your rdelrossi.com domain at our name servers so that our control panel can manage your DNS. Instructions are available here: Pointing Your Domain to WebFaction’s Servers

Hope that helps!

permanent link

answered 12 Apr '16, 17:42

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Excellent. Thank you for the tip. That makes sense. Much appreciated.

-- Robert

(12 Apr '16, 18:34) rdelrossi
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×12

question asked: 12 Apr '16, 16:30

question was seen: 1,008 times

last updated: 12 Apr '16, 18:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM