WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello, I've installed Wordpress 4.5.1 in a PHP7 Application, but the Cron Jobs seems not to work properly/at all. I tried

/home/username$ crontab -l

and got this back

no crontab for username

so now I wonder what is wrong with the configuration (running on a Cloud Server) :/

asked 02 May '16, 17:06

simonquasar
accept rate: 0%

Our Wordpress installer does not create any cron jobs in your crontab by default, so unless you you've created some cron jobs yourself, then "no crontab for username" is the expected result.

permanent link

answered 02 May '16, 18:58

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Hello, thanks but indeed I made the application then installed WP manually, as I already did lot of times with other customers on other Webfaction servers. I tried even via 3rd party "cron-fixing" plugins and manual php commands to set them up as well, but yet with no luck. The only difference this time is that everything is running on a cloud server setup, so I don't know if this could be somehow related.

(02 May '16, 23:47) simonquasar

Our cloud servers are functionally identical to our standard shared servers.

If you'd like to open a support ticket to let us know the exact cron job that you would like to run, you may do so via the Support menu item in our control panel.

(02 May '16, 23:58) seanf

OK, it's the "final solution" I wanted to avoid, but I'll open a ticket then. Thanks for the replies :)

(03 May '16, 08:18) simonquasar
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×103
×81
×50
×17

question asked: 02 May '16, 17:06

question was seen: 1,517 times

last updated: 03 May '16, 08:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM