WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I am migrating from Drupal 6.38 (on another site) to Drupal 8 on Webfaction. This is done using the upgrade function - upgrading a site by importing it into a clean install (version 8) https://www.drupal.org/node/2257723.

I enter the information for the previous site (on other server) and when I click the review button I get the warning: "Resolve the issue below to continue the upgrade. SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection timed out"

I am stuck at this step and can't figure out what to do next.

I also went into phpmyadmin to check on database, and can find other webfaction databases, but not the one for this install of drupal. The drupal 8 site was installed with automatic installers. Site seems to be working fine.

asked 14 Jun '16, 18:54

Paul Wittenb...
accept rate: 0%

If you are trying to access the database on the other server has remote access been enabled or are you creating a ssh tunnel?

It sounds like the tunnel is not established or access is being denied to the remote server.

permanent link

answered 14 Jun '16, 19:08

aaront ♦♦
accept rate: 27%

I use phpmyadmin to access the databases remotely on that server. I assumed that meant I'm all set for other access.

(14 Jun '16, 19:55) Paul Wittenb...

Based on your link to the drupal upgrade you are trying to access the database remotely. WebFaction blocks all remote connections to MySQL by default.

You would either need to create a ssh tunnel or contact support and ask them to enable remote access for the database, database user, and the IP Address if you want to restrict access to only that one IP address.

(14 Jun '16, 19:58) aaront ♦♦

that explains a lot. I reset the time limits in php.ini on other server and no effect.

Thanks -

(14 Jun '16, 20:18) Paul Wittenb...
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×63
×9

question asked: 14 Jun '16, 18:54

question was seen: 2,508 times

last updated: 14 Jun '16, 20:18

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM