WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I come here from a linux vps with an interest in django and having python versioning problems. I do not really know anything, but after playing for a few days with virtualenvwrapper I can at least get a django welcome screen (although it should be a cms welcome screen:-) ) So maybe I have some clues, but now it is time to start over. Here is my question:

I have been putting my environments under Envs. I have the thought that it would be reasonable to put my environments under websites. Looking at it cross-eyed, lots of stuff defaults to websites and the only directories that I need environments on are python based applications, and these should co-exist fine with other kinds of websites. Is my thought credible?

asked 08 Feb '11, 17:11

astar
accept rate: 0%

Yes, that's credible. Your Python libraries and environments can be pretty much anywhere you need them to be, as long as your set your Python path so your WSGI script can find them. It shouldn't interfere with other apps at all.

permanent link

answered 08 Feb '11, 17:22

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×102
×55

question asked: 08 Feb '11, 17:11

question was seen: 4,118 times

last updated: 08 Feb '11, 17:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM