WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a theme I've used a couple times, and when attempting to install it the site grinds for a few seconds then throws a 403 and redirects. I have zero clue what is going on here, but the theme is valid and the zip file is the wordpress install. Are there logs I can use to at least try and make sense of this? This is the Avada theme by Envato and I'm unsure if it's their side or my side that's barfing a 403.

asked 03 Jul '16, 17:42

codefast
accept rate: 100%

No rhyme or reason for the 403 error that I can tell, and I fired up an AWS EC2 Wordpress AMI to see what's up and I got the same error which is very odd. In the end I just copied the theme into the webfaction webapp and that was that. No issues uploading images and the like, just with the theme install/copy.

permanent link

answered 05 Jul '16, 12:55

codefast
accept rate: 100%

403 is a permissions issue. Are you using the same user to install it as the same user that installed WordPress? Checking your permissions, I see that the plugin directory does not allow for group or other writes. So only the owner can write files to that directory.

permanent link

answered 04 Jul '16, 03:22

todl
accept rate: 12%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×102
×12
×4

question asked: 03 Jul '16, 17:42

question was seen: 1,952 times

last updated: 05 Jul '16, 12:55

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM