WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi I have several wordpress blogs running on my account. One of the plugins complains about the php version which is 5.2.17 (I'm on web331). I've tried editing the .htaccess files and adding the correct php handler to the htaccess file inside the blog directory, but it is not working. Wordpress then loses access to the database, and when running a php --version command on the server it still gives me the same version. Removing the handler from the .htaccess solves the problem.

This is what I added :

<filesmatch \.php$=""> SetHandler php56-cgi </filesmatch>

I found this answer, but I can't seem to figure out how to reset the wordpress pasword from the control panel. What am I doing wrong ?

asked 02 Oct '16, 17:54

lexstokske
accept rate: 0%

edited 02 Oct '16, 18:04

That is generally the right method, although more may be going on,

The code should look like this, note the difference in case and the target for files match.

<FilesMatch \.php$>
    SetHandler php56-cgi
</FilesMatch>

If it still fails check the application logs in ~/logs/frontend/error_* for more details on what is wrong with the code in .htaccess.

You may also use a php info file to check the version being reported there, the error might also be the way the code you are using is doing version checking. Put this into a blank php file and read it from a browser to check the version directly,

<?php phpinfo(); ?>
permanent link

answered 02 Oct '16, 21:35

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

edited 02 Oct '16, 21:38

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×262
×244
×40

question asked: 02 Oct '16, 17:54

question was seen: 2,318 times

last updated: 02 Oct '16, 21:38

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM