WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I upgraded a few plug-ins on my website and then the website stopped working. The site is blank when I browse to it and I also can't get to the wp-admin panel. I have a backup of the site, but I'm not sure exactly how or what to restore since it isn't working at all. Do I start from scratch and copy over the content and the database? Does anyone have a suggested set of steps for recovery? Or a recommendation for a reliable consultant to help? Thanks for any suggestions!!!!

asked 11 Oct '16, 01:54

yBlue
accept rate: 0%

Hello,

This could be related to a common Wordpress error termed the White Screen of Death. There are some troubleshooting tips for resolving this on their codex help site.

Most likely, you just need to disable a particular plugin. If it's something else or there are other complications, feel free to open a support ticket from the control panel.

permanent link

answered 11 Oct '16, 03:23

NickR ♦♦
accept rate: 20%

Nick! Thank you!!!! I couldn't get to the admin panel, but I could ssh into the system and rename the plugins folder. And now at least the site is accessible, so I can figure out which plugin is causing trouble. Thanks SO MUCH for the tip!! -yuvi

permanent link

answered 11 Oct '16, 03:30

yBlue
accept rate: 0%

You're welcome :)

(11 Oct '16, 03:39) NickR ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×245

question asked: 11 Oct '16, 01:54

question was seen: 1,640 times

last updated: 11 Oct '16, 03:39

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM