WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I'm trying to use the Iron Demo Importer with Wordpress. It's giving me this error:

Important: HTTP Loopback Connections are not enabled on this server. If you need to contact your web host, tell them that when PHP tries to connect back to the site at the URL http://www.joshuafialkoff.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php and it gets the error Invalid JSON response. There may be a problem with the server configuration (eg local DNS problems, mod_security, etc) preventing connections from working properly.

Is there a way to enable this service with Webfaction?

asked 12 Dec '16, 17:00

Josh
accept rate: 0%

Loopback connections are enabled on our servers. Can you try disabling all other plugins to see if there are any conflicts. Or try adding this to your sites' 'wp-config.php' to see if it helps?

define('ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true);

(13 Dec '16, 01:24) NickR ♦♦

I disabled all the plugins except the Demo Importer. The error persists. I also added the define to wp-config. No changes. Any other thoughts on why I'm seeing this? Thanks!

(16 Jan '17, 02:26) Josh

I figured out what the issue was. I was using my hosts file to get my browser to load my website from webfaction instead of where it is currently hosted (which I'm migrating away from). As long as I'm making the requests everything works fine but when the server makes a request using the URL I have overridden locally it gets delivered to my old host. Doh...

(16 Jan '17, 02:36) Josh
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×242

question asked: 12 Dec '16, 17:00

question was seen: 3,345 times

last updated: 16 Jan '17, 02:36

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM