WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I need to install postgresql 9+ from source because I am on a CentOS 5 32 bits server and I can't use Django 1.8+ with Postgresql 8 (apparently).

The tutorial that cover that subject is too old and the URL to get the postgresql is not valid anymore: https://community.webfaction.com/questions/3241/how-to-get-access-to-postgresql-contrib-modules

Also following this tutorial I have created a custom app called pgport with a listening port but it gave me a random port and I don't know how to set the port with the number given in the tutorial.

The best would be to transfer my websites to a 64 bit server but I currently can't do it cause one of my application is currently reviewed and I absolutely don't want to break it!

Thanks for your help!

asked 19 Jan '17, 13:06

webinvent
accept rate: 0%

edited 19 Jan '17, 13:07

There is a PostgreSQL 9+ installation procedure here: Installing PostgreSQL with PostGIS

In either procedure, you change the port number by changing the value of the PGPORT environment variable.

Hope that helps.

permanent link

answered 19 Jan '17, 23:15

seanf
12.2k31836
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×906
×108
×102

question asked: 19 Jan '17, 13:06

question was seen: 1,459 times

last updated: 19 Jan '17, 23:15

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM