WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm wondering if anyone knows the status of support for using Ansible with webfaction? I know the API is now packaged with ansible, but the only documentation I can find dates back December of 2015 , and Ansible's docs state "This module is community maintained without core committer oversight." I dug deep into the issue a few months back and found that an update to Ansible had broken the module, but that's as far as I got. Looks like its still not working.

Is anyone using ansible with webfaction? Anyone maintaining it?

asked 14 Mar, 02:24

JozinJoe's gravatar image

JozinJoe
accept rate: 0%

I used Ansible many years ago and from what I remember it worked without issues on our platform. Can you edit the question to include the actual errors you're seeing and how you've set it up and configured it? We'll be happy to take a look.

(14 Mar, 03:13) ryans ♦♦ ryans's gravatar image

Are you referring to the ansible modules to automatically interact with the API?

Is that's so, then they are no longer being maintained as far as I am aware, so with recent versions of ansible they might not work.

It seems that the original author of them has moved away from WebFaction and they are now orphaned.

Unless someone starts working on them again, they will probably be marked as deprecated and then removed from future ansible versions.

permanent link

answered 14 Mar, 13:38

iliasr's gravatar image

iliasr ♦♦
1.6k4
accept rate: 36%

edited 14 Mar, 13:53

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×3

question asked: 14 Mar, 02:24

question was seen: 286 times

last updated: 14 Mar, 13:53

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM