WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I'm trying to connect directly to the postgresql server rather than the DB itself but I get this error here:

28000] FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host

Is it impossible to do that? It's mostly for convenience, and connecting to MySQL directly does work without specifying a specific table to manage. I use datagrip so it lets me have a single entry for MySQL where all of my databases and tables show up, rather than having one entry per database.

asked 24 May '17, 18:33

heyoni
accept rate: 0%

Please provide more context, what is the exact command you are running (changing the auth info)?

Pgsql does require you to log in as a given user/DB.

permanent link

answered 25 May '17, 01:48

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

Hey Johns,

I'm not sure exactly what the commands being sent are, as I'm using a program called datagrip. I am trying to see if there's a console log to get it, but I think your statement about pgsql requiring a database answers my question.

Basically with mysql, I declare the server and not the database, so it gives me a view of all the ones I have access to. I was hoping to do that with pgsql as well.

(25 May '17, 13:38) heyoni

One other thing to check is the host information, psql is picky about host, try to use the server's main IP address or use the webXXX.webfaction.com host info.

(26 May '17, 02:44) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×109
×98
×14

question asked: 24 May '17, 18:33

question was seen: 1,433 times

last updated: 26 May '17, 02:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM