WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, I'm trying the Ionic Framework on a Node 6 app through the following in the app directory:

export PATH=$PWD/bin/:$PATH
npm install -g ionic

At this point ionic is on the bin/ directory but when I run ionic or ionic start I get this:

{ Error: EACCES: permission denied, scandir '/home'
at Error (native) errno: -13, code: 'EACCES', syscall: 'scandir', path: '/home' }

I understand that /home is limited in the server, but I wasn't able to find a way to make the ionic start command run using the app directory, any ionic command gives the same error.

My goal is to serve a template ionic app through the node app port: ionic serve -p PORT. I actually not sure if this is achievable but I really appreciate any help.

I'm using this guide: http://ionicframework.com/docs/cli/

Thank you for reading. Rodrigo.

asked 20 Jun, 18:08

rodryg's gravatar image

rodryg
accept rate: 0%

I've spent a lot of time looking at this problem, but haven't been able to find a solution.

The error, as you implied, is caused by restrictive permissions on /home, but that's a necessary security aspect of our shared hosting environment.

My recommendation is that you take this question to the Ionic forum and explain the error, find out why ionic needs to read the contents of /home, and ask for a workaround and/or bugfix.

(27 Jun, 16:34) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×64
×1

question asked: 20 Jun, 18:08

question was seen: 319 times

last updated: 27 Jun, 16:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2016 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM